If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
The uncapping tank is a must have for every beekeeper. You have so many options to choose from in the market but only a few are the best quality. The Mann Lake HH231 Uncapping Tank has been built with the needs of the ultimate user in mind. It is a multi-purpose unit that can hold up to 10 deep or shallow frames. The gray colored unit is designed using high quality polyurethane material that is safe for use and is durable. The unit also has a number of other appealing features.
About the Mann Lake HH231 Uncapping Tank
- It is has a huge capacity. It can store up to 10 deep or shallow frames prior to uncapping.
- It features a high quality and convenient lid that comes in handy during storage.
- The tank is made of high quality polyurethane material which is durable. You will use it for many years.
- The multi-purpose uncapping tank can be used as both a strainer or uncapping tank. As a strainer it can hold up to 5 gallons and it is complete with a honey gate.
- The unit is available in gray color.
- It comes with a metal strainer grid that fits well in the bottom.
- The tank has a dimension of 24 x 16.8 x 16 inches and weighs 13.8 pounds. It will therefore take a little space and you can carry it easily.
Check Price and Availability of the Mann Lake HH231 Uncapping Tank
Pros and Cons
- Highly versatile. It can act as uncapping tank as well as a honey strainer.
- Sure quality for money. An investment in the product is an investment in a two-in-one product.
- Has a huge capacity. It can hold up to 10 deep or shallow frames.
- It is durable. Its high density polyurethane material is longer lasting.
- Has a lid that ensures the contents stored do not get contaminated by dirt or any other elements.
- It is lightweight and that means you cannot strain when carrying it around.
- Made of food grade plastic and hence is safe for use.
- Works well as stated by the manufacturer.
- Easy to clean.
- Is ideal for a number of hives. It will come in handy as your hives increase.
- I did find that the 10 deep or shallow frames do not fit as claimed. You have to lay them down in order for it to fit in.
The Mann Lake HH231 Uncapping Tank is a well though-out unit and it works as expected. However I found that it did not fit the 10 frames as expected, but laying them down solves the problem. Besides that, I have no other complaint with this product. It makes a good addition to your honey harvesting equipment.
The Mann Lake HH231 Uncapping Tank is a dual-purpose unit that will serve as both a strainer and uncapping tank. It is functional and durable and is lightweight. What else can you ask for from uncapping tank? This is definitely quality for money.Check Price Check Price (Australia)